If you cannot locate the Sutro_XXXXX network, or you're receiving an error when trying to connect to the Sutro network. Please follow these steps.
- Make sure the app is closed out, and not running in the background.
- Unplug the Hub from the wall for 30 seconds
- Plug Hub in, flip it over, and press the reset button on the bottom 3 times in a row (1 - 2 - 3)
- Set the hub back down, open the app, and attempt setup.
- When you get to Step 2, after you connect to the Sutro_XXXXX network, wait on the Network Settings screen for 10-15 seconds after connecting to the Sutro_XXXXX network for it to fully establish a connection, then go back into the Sutro application.
If that doesn't work, please go into your Phone Settings and check these out for me!
- Go into the phone settings and locate the Privacy & Security or Permissions screen.
- Make sure the Location Settings are set to "Always" for the Sutro app and if that isn't available, "Allow While Using the app"
- Next, turn off WiFi Assist (iPhone) Smart/Intelligent WiFi. (Android)
- iPhone: Go into the settings and locate the Cellular tab and scroll to the bottom. Make sure WiFi Assist is turned off.
- Android: Go into the settings and find your Connections tab and select WiFi, then click on the 3 little menu dots in the top right-hand side of the screen and go to the Advanced Settings. We want to make sure our Smart/Intelligent WiFi settings are all turned off and also Switch To Cellular Data is turned off.
- Turn on "Allow This Device To Find and Connect to Local Networks."
- iPhone: Go into the settings and select the Privacy & Security tab and go to Local Network and make sure Sutro is turned on.